It looks like the Samsung Galaxy S III isn't the only one to spontaneously combust. This man from Finland claims that his iPhone 4s caught on fire in his pocket. What a close call. He could have almost burned his privates! A security footage caught the whole event on camera.
It's unclear if the device in question is actually the iPhone 4S, or if it exploded on its own accord for that matter. But what's clear is that the man's pocket was definitely smoking. The video was published on YouTube on July 2 but the uploader claims the event is several months old.
It's not a surprise that it could possibly heat up, but up to the extent of fire? That's scary. And while devices have gotten more powerful, and seemingly hotter after that as well, the new iPad runs 13 degrees warmer than its predecessor, but that's not hot enough to burst into flames.